CEA-Leti, IRT NanoElec and Qualcomm held the sixth edition of their 3DVLSI Open Workshop dedicated to High Density 3D-IC and CoolCube (Monolithic/Sequential 3D) technologies.
The workshop project’s goals include building a complete ecosystem that takes the technology from design to fabrication. With five previous editions, it has become a forum for industrial partners and ecosystem to share research & development progress in making innovative High Density 3D technologies a truly feasible path towards 3DVLSI industrialization for reliable and cost effective products.
A first 3DVLSI Open Workshop was organized in San Diego back in 2014. Since then, we have seen presentations from Qualcomm, Applied Materials, ARM, Atrenta, Cadence, CEA-Leti, GeorgiaTech, Global Foundries, HPE, Intel, Mentor Graphics, TSMC and many more…
The event was organized as a satellite event of the IEEE 2019 S3S conference.
- 3D High Density: Which Technology? Wich Application?, by Severine Cheramy (CEA-Leti, 3D Business Development & 3D Integration program Director at IRT Nanoelec)
- CEA-Leti in the Chiplet’s Race: Status and Strategy, by Sébastien Thuriès (CEA-Leti Design Scientist)
- Designing Heterogeneous Chips With zGlue, by, Jawad Nasrullah (zGlue)
- Advanced 3D Technologies for the Smart Image Sensors, by François Guyader (STMicroelectronics)
- Die to Wafer Hybrid Bonding Equipment from R&D to HVM Production, by Pascal Metzger (SET Smart Equipment Technology)
- Electroplating Innovations to Support Next Generation Advanced Packaging Solutions, by Stephen Banik (LAM Research)
- 3D Integration Challenges and Benefits in our Ultra Low Digital Implementation Platform Nitro-SoC, by Kristian Zoerhoff (Mentor A Siemens Business)
- Density Scaling Enabled by Recent Advances in Hybrid Bonding and Fusion Bonding Technology, by Karine Abadie (EV Group)
- Advanced Processing Technologies Enabling 3D VLSI Integration, by Manish Hemkar (Applied Material)